Public Domain Disks
The CD-ROM includes a number of PD disks from the DGS library. Many of these were written by
me or specially for my library. The list is as follows:
- Bash-A-Drum - a drum sequencer with pattern and
song editors, and keyboard and joystick drum players. With demo files and
- Dean's Desktop System - a simple (very!) operating
environment. It is based around a main section, and has a calculator,
real-time clock, a diary, a simple database, and its own DOS.
- Don't Ask Software Demo Disk - contains the
Don't Ask Software demo disk from 1983 (the company famous for S.A.M. - Software Automatic Mouth). It
contains demos of all the products (all now long gone) they used to sell,
including SAM. The best demo is of SAM trying to sing the US National
Anthem (you've got to hear it!!)
- Education Disk 1 - (counting and maths). This disk contains 6
educational programs designed for children just starting maths. Most have
digitized speech. They introduce methods of counting and maths by using
storylines to get the child involved.
- Football Fantasies - This is a great game programmed especially
for our PD library by Steven Nicklin. Manage a football team, select your
players, set ticket prices, make a profit and lots more! It's basically
Premier Manager for the Atari 8-bit!!
- Journey Into Sound Demo Disk - This is a DS/DD disk crammed with
digitized music and sounds. Contains: Ghostbusters, more 720 degrees, Eve
of the war, and lots more!
- Parrot Demo Disk - This is the demo disk for the Parrot II sampling
system. It contains some demo music, which is superb!
- Programmer's Speech Tool - This disk contains 14 speech
samples that can be used in your own BASIC programs. The disk contains
extensive documentation, all the samples (E.g. "great score!", "hello"),
runner software, and a demo of its use.
- Quick Demo Disk - This disk is full of ready-to-run demos of the
Quick language. Side 1 contains small demos of various features, while 2
has demos of games written in Quick.
- This & That Disk 1 - This disk contains something for everyone.
It contains some graphics demos, an adventure, a maze game, 2 new versions
of DOS (compatable with 2.x), a share buying simulation, a sound fx
program in Turbo-BASIC (Turbo required to run this program), some music,
and a demo created with D.M.S (not required to run this program)
- This & That Disk 2 - Another disk full of all sorts of programs.
Included are more graphics and sound fx demos. Also included is
"framewords" - a game based on the T.V. quiz "the frame game", Mathquiz -
a maths tester with software speech, Tables - to test the times table,
Test card - to help adjust your T.V., XR40 - a new text reader, Numbers -
a strategy game against the computer (a contribution from another user),
ATAFLEET - a great demo from a BBS, and Appliance calculator to work out
how much things cost to run.
- Tiger Developments Demo Disk - This disk is from Tiger
Developments, and contains playable versions of 5 of their games.
- Voicemaster Demo Disk - A demo disk of the Voice Master digitizer
system. Contains a talking calculator and keyboard, as well as a couple of
Some screen grabs of the PD disks: